The MC Technologies MC PMRL industrial router can connect two remote networks via a mobile network, send sensor and other data, carry out switching tasks or transmit alarm signals. It can also be used for applications requiring the connection of different interfaces; making it an alternative, for example, to protocol converters such as ModbusTCP to Modbus RTU. Despite this high level of functionality, the MC PMRL is only slightly more expensive than a standard router.
OpenWrt Linux can be used to develop proprietary IoT applications and to integrate existing OpenWrT software add-ons and drivers. The MC PMRL has been designed with analogue inputs and digital in- and outputs, making it suitable for industrial machine communication applications among other things.
- High transmission rates (4G) of up to 50 Mbps uplink and 100 Mbps downlink
- Wireless LAN access point
- IPsec or OpenVPN tunnel and integrated firewall
- Configuration via the integrated Web server or XML file
- RS232 and RS485 interfaces for transparent communication via IP